Lasille Marin
Lasille turned to look at her friend Ashley and scowled. "Ash, can you not bump into me when I'm carrying something?", she complained. She bent down to pick up the fallen vegetables. Ashley bent down to help her, also picking up an especially bruised tomato and wrinkling her nose, before gingerly placing it back in the bag. "These are the extras from where I work", said Lasille. She picked up a cucumber and turned to see Ashley looking puzzled. "Didn't I tell you I got a job?", asked Lasille. Ashley shook her head. Lasille frowned. "I could have sworn I told you." Ashley shook her head again. "Remember? I got a job as a dishwasher at the Starlight Cafe" said Lasille slowly. Ashley's eyes brightened, and she made a sound of recognition. "Now that you know, can you please finish helping me pick up these vegetables?", said Lasille. Ashley grinned, and continued picking up the vegetables alongside Lasille. When they were finally done, the two stood and stretched. "Thanks", Lasille said to Ashley gratefully. She waved to her friend and began walking once again towards home.
No comments:
Post a Comment